How to Submit a Book Proposal to Rockhurst University Press
We strongly advise that you send us a query letter and a book prospectus rather than a full-length manuscript. This will allow us to quickly assess our interest in your work.
The prospectus should include:
- a description of the project, including its purpose, potential audience, scope, contribution to scholarship, and relations to existing literature;
- a table of contents that provides paragraph-length descriptions of each chapter;
- if the manuscript has been completed, one or two sample chapters, preferably including an introductory chapter that describes the work as a whole;
- if the manuscript has not been completed, the estimated length and date of completion, and a description of any illustrations or other special requirements called for in the preparation and production of the book;
- your curriculum vitae or resume, along with a list of contributors if an edited volume.
At a minimum, we seek two outside reviews for our projects. To allow for careful consideration of a project, we give our readers six to eight weeks to complete their evaluation. Publishing decisions are made by the editorial board of the Rockhurst University Press. The review process may take up to three months, depending on the nature of the project and the availability of reviewers. We will make every effort to make the process go as promptly and smoothly as possible.
All inquiries should be addressed to:
Wilburn T. Stancil, Director
Rockhurst University Press
1100 Rockhurst Road
Kansas City, MO 64110-2561
Thank you for your interest in publishing with Rockhurst University Press.